Project Co-ordinator, East Finchley Town Team
Fixed fee/term (self employed)
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 1st of June 2022
The East Finchley Town Team has secured funding to boost use of the High Road over the next year. We are looking to appoint a consultant with appropriate experience in curating and delivering engaging community events to support us to scope, plan and deliver this project.
The East Finchley Town Team, comprising representatives from N2United, East Finchley Community Trust, East Finchley Open Artists, East Finchley Festival CIC, The Archer newspaper and local councillors, has secured a £10,000 grant from Barnet Council to support the borough’s town centres. The money will be used to deliver three events on the High Road from September 2022 to March 2023.
Each event will have related activity and publicity throughout 2022. This is a fantastic opportunity to promote our town centre, its traders and the people who use it. The events will show what an amazing range of goods, talent, and ideas exist locally.
From the events we want to gain information on the use of the High Road, how people get there, barriers to use and what improvements need to be made to support the development of a longer-term action plan.
Primary Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the project coordinator’s role is to work with the Town Team to deliver the bid proposal as set out in the bid documents. The coordinator will be expected to:
- Coordinate with the Town Team to help deliver three events, to include:
- “A sustainable and biodiverse East Finchley” looking at greening ideas, improving sustainability, and getting to and from the High Road
- An “Arts and Music event” to showcase local talent and venues and focus on how they can be used to attract more people onto the High Road.
- A “food fair” to promote the range of food available on the High Road, where it comes from, how we can make it more sustainable and link into food projects in the area.
- Liaise with relevant parties and individuals who will contribute to the success of the project.
- Work with Town Team members on advertising materials including social media to ensure that they are effective.
- Develop a framework in conjunction with Town Team members to monitor and survey the impact the project has on the High Road. This will include:
- Measuring attendance and footfall at events
- Collecting and collating ideas for High Road improvements
- Understanding how and why people use the High Road facilities
- Assessing barriers to use of the High Road by local people
- Prepare and report on project progress within the format provided by the council Town Team Fund.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that the bid remains within budget and is delivered on time.
Are you the person we are we looking for?
- A confident individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience in co-ordinating projects to time and within budget.
- Competent IT skills
- Good social media and marketing skills.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and on own initiative.
- Knowledgeable about East Finchley and its community.
If you can answer yes to these 6 points, then please send us:
- Your CV (in pdf format) showing your experience in delivering similar projects
- A covering letter or email telling us why you are the ideal person for the role
Please send this information to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 1st of June 2022
We will then shortlist applicants and look to host interviews on or about Wednesday 8th of June 2022
The small print
Contract length: 90 hours, to be delivered between July 2022 and March 2023.
Contract value: £3,150 payable in 3 instalments on completion of each event.
The coordinator will be expected to work from home, and to attend monthly Town Team and related meetings as required. Travel will be focussed within the East Finchley area.